For iOS users with the Mapping Package, here’s a version of the Fraser Valley Special Area map for use in the app. The original map isn’t very accurate… in order to make it line up with the real world some things are a little distorted. In any case make sure you refer to what it means, rather than the exact locations of lines on the map.
You should also keep a copy of the full Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting License brochure for reference. It contains lots of additional information not shown on the map. You can download it to your device and view it in iBooks. Download link: FVSAH2014.pdf (1.6 MB)
Use the following steps to install the FVSA map. This process may get easier in a future update, but for now you need iTunes on the desktop to transfer the file.
- Download this file to your computer: FVSA_2014.mbtiles (7.6 MB)
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable
- Start iTunes
- Click on your device
- Click “Apps”
- Select Hunt Buddy from the list of apps under File Sharing (not just “Apps”; make sure you scroll down)
- Drag and drop the FVSA_2014.mbtiles file into the “Hunt Buddy Documents” area on the right.
- Restart the Hunt Buddy app on your device if necessary. The FVSA_2014 map should show up as another map type that you can select the same way you normally do for Satellite, GeoBC Topo etc.